A beautiful laid back luxury eco-cottage for two in the heart of the Wye Valley An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
This very special luxury eco holiday cottage is located in the heart of the Wye Valley in the Forest of Dean . Romantic , peaceful and sustainable. Nesting Owls, grazing deer and a haven for nature. woodland walking from the door, Conveniently located within easy reach of London less than 3 hours, less than 2 hours from Birmingham, 40 minutes from Bristol, 45 mins form Cheltenham, you don't need to waste hours travelling to get here. A place where you can connect to nature, a quiet place where you can enjoy the local fauna and flora, and much much more. Perfect for special occasions, anniversaries, mini moons and proposals, and yes they all said yes! . With an option of adding a scandinavian hot tub you can while away the days and spend the nights under the stars. in the restorative warmth of the warm waters. A wonderful place to just be, or to explore the stunning area. Watch the deer appear from the ancient woodlands as they come to graze in the pastures beside this heavenly retreat. Watch our honest video to see what exactly Owls Nest has for you to experience.
The Wye Valley is an amazing place to visit. If you can drag your self away from this comfortable nature infused hideout (many don't) there is lots to see and do in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (ANOB). There are fabulous walks straight from the door, Offas dyke runs through the village.. This rich landscape with its many bustling market towns and castles is rich in history and beauty and has lots on offer. Tintern Abbey is a wonderful walk straight from the door. See below for more ideas on things to see and do...
Enhance your stay further by hiring a wood fired cedar eco scandinavian hot tub. Sparkling clean, using fresh water and no chemicals, treat yourself to a hot tub break and relax beneath the stars and then retreat back into the luxury eco holiday cottage that is Owls Nest hideout . Hot tub breaks beneath the sound of the Owls and the stars takes it to a whole new level. Please contact us for hire costs.
This luxury eco holiday cottage in Brockweir with the option of hot tub breaks has been designed with nature at its heart. Step out of the kitchen and experience the outdoors whatever the weather within the beautiful logia. Meander into the village of Brockweir and then dine al fresco and then relax in the hot tub . The friendly Ryeland sheep may pop by and say hello. Sit and enjoy a glass of something before relaxing in the wood fired hot tub. Watch the many busy birds come to the feeders including green woodpeckers, tree creepers, wrens, gold and marsh tits to name a few.
The beauty of Owls nest located in Brockweir is its simplicity and connection to nature. This luxury eco holiday cottage with the add on option of a hot tub breaks is the perfect way to connect to nature. There are many different areas to kick back and relax. All areas are surrounded by nature.
Lots of wildlife visit Owls Nest. Badgers, Foxs, and deer are frequently glimpsed. Birds include Woodpeckers, Tawny Owls, Tree creepers, Song thursh, coal tits, buzzards. Swallows nest over the door in the summer and return year on year to raise their offspring. Immersed in nature this lovely luxury eco holiday cottage located in Brockweir provides an option of a hot tub breaks. If you are lucky you may see the deer grazing when you are taking a dip in the hot tub Once again, the swallows have raised two sets of youngsters. We have rescue sheep and our own pet friendly Rye-land lawnmowers to help manage the pastures.
The Wye Valley and Forest of Dean are full of ancient woodlands for you to explore. If you can drag yourself away from this gem of a luxury eco holiday cottage in Brockweir with hot tub then there are plenty of things to see and do. Walk, wild swim, mountain bike, climb, or horse ride to explore this stunning area. Or simply relax in the joy that is Owls Nest.
Owl's Nest is run in a very environment-friendly way: an air source heat pump provides all underfloor heating and hot water. All electricity comes from renewable resources. Wood used is from our own renewable sources, Pastures are left fallow to encourage native flora and fauna. Native Orchids in the flower patches. A sustainability plan is in place.
Contact us to find out more about your special stay at Owls Nest. If its a Birthday celebration, a honeymoon, a special treat you have chosen the perfect place.
Situated on the edge of the ancient Forest of Dean within an ANOB, the Wye Valley with its magnificent Wye River a short walk away is a wonderful hidden gem for you to discover. The historic birth of tourism and the inspiration for Wordsworth the Wye Valley has much to offer. Walking, cycling, wild swimming, running, castle visiting, visiting Puzzle Wood, high wire adventures, castle adventures at Chepstow, Raglan, Monmouth to name a few. Stroll wound the pretty market towns of Monmouth and Abergavenny, Walk to to Tintern Abbey and have a drink or a meal in one of the many fine places. Indulge in Michelin star diing at the Whitebrook.
· Well-equipped kitchen: microwave, dishwasher, fridge, 3-drawer freezer, Nespresso coffee machine
· Chef available for hire
· Electric stove with induction hob
· Electricity, hot water and logs included
· King-size bed
· Bedding, towels, and all basics included (soap, loo paper, cleaning materials etc)
· Bathroom has big bath, separate shower, loo and hand basin
· Store cupboard essentials included (tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper, olive oil)
· Board games, books, cookery books, guide books, plus an information file
· Baby-friendly (travel cot and high chair provided), but only suitable for a non-mobile baby because of drop from mezzanine etc
· Superb community shop in village (30 mins walk via a footpath, or a short drive by car)
· Access: the lane is a bit narrow and windy, as is normal for this area, and is not suitable for anything wider than a Ford Transit
· Private off-lane parking. The parking area is down the hill from the cottage a little way, as the slope up is a bit steep. If you have a 4 x 4, you will be able to drive right up to the door, and park there if you like. Otherwise, there are steps from the parking area up to the cottage
· Safe bike storage
· Private garden areas, including sunny decked terrace with BBQ and fire pit, and eco wood-fired hot tub (available at a separate charge directly to owner)
· Sheltered loggia
· Wild flower patches and informed planting plans to encourage native flora and fauna
· Brilliant woodland and riverside walks
· Plenty of excellent places to eat out in the area
· Easy access from the M48 Severn Bridge (20 mins drive)